The 2015 Social Sciences Collection is now available
New ebooks are now uploaded every week; click here to view a full list of the titles recently added to the 2015 collection.
From award-winning scholarly monographs to state-of-the-art reference works, at Palgrave Macmillan we pride ourselves on our high-quality publishing across the Social Sciences. This collection includes our publishing in sociology, social policy, criminology and criminal justice, psychology and gender studies, health studies, and geography. We publish for a global audience of scholars, researchers, students and professionals, with a list that features some of the world's leading social scientists.
Recent prizewinning titles include Leanne Weber and Sharon Pickering's Globalization and Borders from the Transnational Crime, Crime Control and Security which has been awarded the Christine M. Alder Book Prize by the Australian and New Zealand Society of Criminology. Jane Monckton-Smith's Murder, Gender and the Media: Narratives of Dangerous Love which won the Feminist and Women's Association book prize. Deborah Drake's Prisons, Punishment and the Pursuit of Security from the Critical Criminological Perspectives series, which was awarded the British Society of Criminology Book Award; and Joanna Moncrieff's The Bitterest Pills which won the Prose Award for Psychology.
View a full list of the ebook titles included in the Palgrave Connect Social Sciences collections.
1. The New Politics of Leisure and Pleasure Edited by Peter Bramham and Stephen Wagg
2. Cinema Anime Steven T. Brown
3. Queer Japanese Hideko Abe
4. Max Weber and Contemporary Capitalism Nicholas Gane
5. Understanding Change Edited by Andreas Wimmer and Reinhart Kössler
6. Social Media and Personal Relationships Deborah Chambers
7. Olympic Games, Mega-Events and Civil Societies Edited by Graeme Hayes and John Karamichas
8. The Modern Child and the Flexible Labour Market Edited by Anne-Trine Kjørholt and Jens Qvortrup
9. Assembling Health Care Organizations Kajsa Lindberg, Alexander Styhre and Lars Walter
10. Gender, Migration and Domestic Work Majella Kilkey, Diane Perrons and Ania Plomien
The 2015 Social Sciences Collection from Palgrave Connect will offer access to over 270 Palgrave Macmillan ebooks in social sciences when complete. With new content added every week the 2015 Collection offers lecturers, researchers and students instant access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship.
Prior to 2010 social sciences titles were included in the Social & Cultural Studies collections.