The 2015 Theatre & Performance Collection is now available
New ebooks are now uploaded every week; click here to view a full list of the titles recently added to the 2015 collection.
As the importance of Theatre and Performance Studies across disciplines continues to grow and be recognized, Palgrave Macmillan stands at the forefront of academic research in the area. Our diverse, award-winning list challenges conventional approaches to theatre and scholarship. Since the launch of the list in 2006, many titles have won or been shortlisted for a whole host of prizes in the field, including the 2013 David Bevington Award for Best New Book in Early Drama Studies for Erika T. Lin's Shakespeare and the Materiality of Performance, the 2013 ATDS Best Book Award for John W. Frick's Uncle Tom's Cabin on the American Stage and Screen and the 2012 ASTR Biennial Sally Banes Prize for Disability Culture and Community Performance by Petra Kuppers. Our Studies in International Performance series also won the prestigious ATHE 2012 Excellence in Editing award.
The Theatre and Performance Studies list features a range of exciting, dynamic books by top scholars including Rob Roznowski, Michael Y. Bennett, Elaine Aston, Marvin Carlson and Kim Solga. Encompassing key areas of study in the field (such as contemporary drama and performance, performance and technology, theatre history, dance studies, feminism and performance, applied drama and international performance), the list features high-quality scholarship and topical, cutting-edge research.
View a full list of the ebook titles included in the Palgrave Connect Theatre & Performance collections.
1. Narrating the Past through Theatre Michael Y. Bennett
2. Theatrical Improvisation, Consciousness, and Cognition Clayton D. Drinko
3. Worlding Dance Edited by Susan Leigh Foster
4. Affirming the Absurd in Harold Pinter Jane Wong Yeang Chui
5. Reading Olympe de Gouges Carol L. Sherman
6. Reassessing the Theatre of the Absurd Michael Y. Bennett
7. Performance and Technology Edited by Josephine Machon and Susan Broadhurst
8. Embodied Performances Beatrice Allegranti
9. Identity, Performance and Technology Edited by Susan Broadhurst and Josephine Machon
10. Readings in Performance and Ecology Edited by Wendy Arons and Theresa J. May
The 2015 Theatre & Performance Collection from Palgrave Connect will offer access to over 50 Palgrave Macmillan ebooks in theatre and performance when complete. With new content added every week the 2015 Collection offers lecturers, researchers and students instant access to the most authoritative and up-to-date scholarship.
Prior to 2010 theatre and performance titles were included in the Literature & Performing Arts collections.